Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Does no one in this county have a current photo?

It is absolutely beyond me why this paper continues to publish Obit pics, Campaign pics and other miscellaneous pictures that are consistently 20-50 years older than the person depicted.

I mean, Grandma, age 92 with a 1940 picture. Aunt Thelma, age 70 with a picture of her in her 30’s. And now the GOP VP candidate, I forget her name, with a 1992 photo.

Come on kids, it’s the digital age. 82 million digital cameras are predicted to be sold worldwide this year. Walmart will even develop the photo’s on your non-digital POS.

So what is the reason no one seem to come up with a recent photo? I heard once that your could always tell a loved child by the number of pictures in the home. Some people aren't photogenic, I give you that. The more superstitious believe a photo will steal the soul of the subject, but I don't think that holds today. I think we have just become a lazy, selfish society...pure and simple.

So shame on you readers for not taking pictures of your Great Aunt Thelma and shame on this newspaper for not insisting on recent photos.

Funny, the "County's Most Wanted" pics are current, what gives?

No comments: